Born & Raised: Indianapolis, IN
Studio; A Marina in Newport Beach, CA
Gallery: Debra Huse Gallery, 229 Marine Ave.
Balboa Island, CA 92662 www.debrahusegallery.com
Favorite Book; Two Years Before the Mast
Family: Husband Randy Ressel
Transportation: 43’ Santa Barbara Sportfishing Boat.
I’ve been blessed with the talent of seeing and the passion for painting. Oil is such a luscious medium. Applying lots of paint - moving it around and carving out areas is fascinating. As a contemporary plein air colorist, I strive to capture the beauty of the moment, the poetry of the atmosphere, and the notes of colorful light with the spontaneity and energy of a painter intrigued. Not painting is not an option.
Affiliations and Memberships
- American Society of Marine Artists, Signature Member
- American Impressionist Society, Signature Member
- California Art Club
- Hoosier Salon
- Laguna Plein Air Painters, Signature Member
- Oil Painters of America
- Pastel Society of America, Signature Member
- Realism Without Borders International
- Southern California Plein Air Painters
Scholarships and Bachelor Degree
- 1971 John Herron Art School
- 1979 Indiana University, School of Fine Art